Design and Fabrication:
This week for mechanical, we did a lot of “question answering”. Finishing up our prototypes, we tested to see how our concepts would actually perform. The “claw” is complete and we attached it onto our pre-season west coast chassis to simulate how cube retrieval would work during an actual game. The ramp design has been set for a while, though the piston placements are still variable. Using what we did know, we constructed a ramp to see if the pistons we already had were enough to lift up 150 pounds, represented by our 2017 Steamworks robot. On Saturday we committed to “CADurday” in which we began some final CAD to place on our robot.